Paul McCarthy is a founder and partner of The Mizen Group and has almost 18 years’ experience in delivering large complex and diverse technology, analytical and governance data driven projects across various sectors including healthcare, hospitality and financial services. Mr. McCarthy is a senior technologist and strategist with experience that has been formed from the vast array of the roles he has held in both in a fulltime capacity as well as in an advisory capacity with corporations to technology startups. Mr. McCarthy’s curiosity of data and strong understanding of business and technology facilitate his ability to communicate with all levels of an organization to influence change.
Since 2014 Mr. McCarthy has led a team to perform independent oversight, validation and implementation oversight of an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) system for the DFS appointed Monitor for a Global Banking Group, in addition, using proprietary tools and algorithms to detect suspect transactions, to support a review of the International network of the Bank.
From 2005 to present, Mr. McCarthy has served as the owner of BI Solutions Inc., Business Intelligence (BI) Solutions is a value-oriented technology consulting firm which focuses on providing consulting services to clients in the areas of Enterprise Architecture, Business Intelligence, Data Governance, Integration, CRM and Data Analytics. Notable engagements during that time include:
· Defining and executing technology, data governance and process roadmap to support the growth strategy for a global company in the hospitality business, including acquisition and consolidation.
· Developing and deploying a customer and product data warehouse consolidating multiple source systems into one common business model for a leading provider of healthcare to support their regulatory and compliance requirements.
· Led several technology assessments of acquisition targets for a VC investment fund including the subsequent growth and sale.
· Established data governance program within the healthcare regulatory space to comply with HIPAA requirements.
· Worked with a leading fitness Brand to develop their CRM and technology capabilities to revolutionize the customer experience within the industry.
From 1999 to 2005, Mr. McCarthy, worked for EMC Corporation, where he held several technology roles within the internal IT group driving BI & analytic strategies and project delivery across the enterprise.